For many, music is the healing factor of the soul. Music, much like time, mixes and builds on top of itself to make melodies. It also creates measures of enchanting harmony to appeal to the listener's brain. We will also be attracted to music because it gives us a sence of ralaxation, focus, or creation. The idea of creation comes from a satisfaction built by human desire to control and make things. Music works by stimulating our brain to make epic rhythmic patterns. These patterns ultimatly will either relax your state of mind or disrupt it. I have learned the ways of building the force within my lungs and releasing it through the "trombone". I cast loose force by buzzing air through brass shaped to tone the sound to create amazing melodies. Music increasingly enhances your mind; it is even argued that Albert Einstein's intelligence was first flourished after learning to play the violin. Even the well rounded physicist Richard Feynman was bound to the rhythm of percussion instruments.
I have been playing the trombone consistently since I was in 5th grade,and I thought joining my school band would be no problem. It was hardproved a bit more difficult than expected, but from the trials came the satisfaction of learning a song and playing it flawlessly. The formal training I received in the school band coupled with my own interest in music, I discovered new ways to play the trombone and with so many songs to learn, I became excited and doubtful of my skills at the same time. I received my first big song in the winter season of 6th grade, it was the renown song Jingle Bells. I was determined to master the infamous melody and surprised even myself. I remember my teacher had to personally tutor me after school to help me get ready. I needed to play louder, so he taught me to use my lungs to maximize the air buzzed through and create louder a sound. It was like pushing the air really hard and quick through the instrument. He explained it as if you were pushing a "logjam in the river" and the same amount of force would be put, except the upper body would be used instead of the lower.
The musical experience I have had most of my life helped me relax my thoughts and still use my brain at the same time. I am striving to become a well-rounded artist and my interest in the visual arts enhances my musical experiences. Music helps me focus and its proven that I have gotten my work done quicker while lisening to jazz. After years of practice I can now also play louder then most of the kids in my band and I still play the trombone to this day. I have also started playing the guitar. Playing multiple instruments is also another way I learned to enhance my musical abilities. Music is sent to my ear and processed in my brain. Then music travels to my heart and gets pumped into my soul, which is where it will stay.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment